About this policy
Reef Catchments is subject to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) which are found in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 (Cth).
This policy has been prepared in compliance with Australian Privacy Principles and explains in general terms:
- why and when Reef Catchments collects personal information;
- how Reef Catchments protects the privacy of customers’ personal information collected in the ordinary course of its operations ; and
- under what circumstances Reef Catchments discloses personal information to third parties.
Application of this Policy
- applies to any personal information (as defined in the Act) which is provided to Reef Catchments in the ordinary course of its operations; and
- also covers Reef Catchments’ treatment of any personally identifiable information that Reef Catchments obtains from third parties in the ordinary course of its operations.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Reef Catchments does not own or control or to people that Reef Catchments does not employ or manage.
Accuracy and Transparency
Customers of Reef Catchments may access and update their personal information at any time by contacting Reef Catchments. If a customer of Reef Catchments believes that Reef Catchments may hold other personal information which is inaccurate, then these customers are requested to contact Reef Catchments and Reef Catchments will take reasonable steps to ensure that such information is corrected.
Analytics, Internet Marketing and Cookies
These services place and leave a cookie in internet browsers, and may use web beacons to collect information for Reef Catchments use (i.e. if internet browser security settings are configured to allow this). These cookies do not identify anything about the customer personally, but do allow Reef Catchments to track generic information about use of this website, such as which pages customers visit, and for how long customers visit these pages.
Customers of Reef Catchments can learn more about the Google cookies. There is an internet industry group which runs the Network Advertising Initiative, which allows customers to stop using a range of network advertising beyond what Reef Catchments uses.