Reef Catchments is the Natural Resource Management (NRM) organisation for the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region.
We facilitate change and work for long-term solutions to sustain, protect, and improve our region’s natural resources and environment, now and into the future and from the mountains to the sea.
Our culture is the heart of our organisation and is founded on a clear vision and a strong set of values.
We strive to be a place people are proud to work in, and who our stakeholders trust.
Resilient ecosystems, engaged community.
We are motivated to facilitate positive change
We are committed to developing authentic relationships
We acknowledge and respect the diversity of values and opinions
We are responsible for our actions and honouring our commitments
We encourage growth through building skills and knowledges
Promote excellence in ecosystem services
Connect with communities
Responsibly advance NRM outcomes
LIVE OUR VALUES
- Foster a culture that embodies our values
- Focus on staff retention, staff wellbeing, development and progression
- Facilitate individual ownership of Reef Catchments values and behaviours
PROMOTE EXCELLENCE IN ECOSYSTEM SERVICES
- Protect and build resilience
- Deliver a long-term approach for enduring outcomes
- Implement a coordinated catchment scale management approach
- Maintain and build regional capacity and capability
- Focus on positive reef outcomes
- Focus on partnerships that align with our values
- Establish Reef Catchments as brokers of research and education opportunities
- Deliver a strategic approach to communication and engagement
- Ensure respectful collaboration with First Nations people and acknowledge their connection to country
CONNECT WITH COMMUNITIES
- Equip communities to implement best practice through knowledge sharing and access to resources
- Build the understanding of NRM across the community
- Increase Traditional Owners decision making and actions on Country
RESPONSIBLY ADVANCE NRM OUTCOMES
- Grow third party investment into NRM activities across the region
- Facilitate and support innovation and collaboration
- Demonstrate NRM leadership, including a commitment to Environmental, Social and Governance