“To coordinate pest management across the region and ensure that best practice principles are carried out in a consistent and efficient manner.”
The MRPMG, which was established in 2002, includes representatives from local and state government departments, community groups, and industry bodies whose core business involves the provision of pest management information and expertise within their respective fields.
Here is our new Mackay Regional Pest Group site
The role of the group is to
- Develop networks that aid in the exchange of knowledge and information to those involved with pest management.
- Obtain a consistent pest management approach across local governments with state agencies, industries, and community groups.
- Formulate links with key natural resource management groups
- Provision of a regional pest technical reference group
- Lobby and ensure pest management funding is spent strategically.
Current members of the MRPMG include
Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal
Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Department of Resources
Department of Transport and Main Roads
Isaac Regional Council
Mackay Area Productivity Services
Mackay Regional Council
North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation
Parks and Forests, Department of Environment and Science
Pioneer Catchment Landcare
Plane Creek Productivity Services
Reef Catchments (Mackay, Whitsunday, Isaac) Ltd.
Sarina Landcare Catchment Management Association
Sugar Services Proserpine
Whitsunday Catchment Landcare
Whitsunday Regional Council
The group meets every three months at various locations throughout the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region, with a goal to prioritise and coordinate pest management across the region and ensure that best practice principles are carried out in a consistent, integrated and efficient manner in line with the Regional Pest Management Strategy (Mackay, Whitsunday, Isaac) 2011-2014.