The purpose of Reef Catchments is to enable sustainable natural resource management in the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region for the benefit of all.
The Reef Catchments Strategic Plan 2018-2022 outlines our values, our purpose, and the steps needed to achieve resilient ecosystems and an engaged community.
Our priority program goals and focus areas are
- Championing the vision for sustainable natural resource management
- Transforming behaviour and influencing attitudes
- Continually improving land use practices across all sectors
- Enhancing organisational capability
- Restoring Reef resilience and enhancing ecosystem health and biodiversity
- Strengthening community cohesion and custodianship
- Targeting investment through planning and prioritisation