Title: Workplace Culture and Communications Coordinator
Tenure: Full Time
Location: Mackay or Proserpine
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Reef Catchments is the Natural Resource Management (NRM) group for the Mackay-Whitsunday-Isaac region with offices situated in Mackay and Proserpine. We facilitate change and work for long-term solutions to sustain, protect, and improve our region’s natural resources and environment, both now an into the future.
More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at https://reefcatchments.com.au/
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic human resource (HR) practitioner with a demonstrated track record and capability for delivering operational HR services with a particular focus on employee relations, training, learning and development, performance management and continuous HR system improvement.
Reporting to the CEO, the Workplace Culture and Communications Coordinator will work in partnership with management and employees to ensure the organisation meets all HR objectives, workplace standards, policies, and legislative requirements. The Coordinator will provide services, information, and HR advice in addition to initiating projects aimed at improving workplace culture and performance. In addition, the Coordinator will oversee the Communications and Media Team.
In return, we offer a flexible and positive work environment, excellent conditions, and an opportunity to enhance and build your skills in multiple areas and platforms through professional development.
– Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, or a related discipline, or minimum 5 years experience in HR role, with a passion for people and culture
– Provide effective HR administration in all facets of employment, including but not limited to employee relations, reward and recognition, incentives, learning and development, and Workplace, Health and Safety
– Experience in the administration and application of HR information systems
– Demonstrated innovative mindset for continuous improvement
– Ability to build rapport / positive relationships across the organisation using highly developed communication, consultative and presentation skills to effectively engage others
– Provide HR advice and administrative support to managers and staff
– Demonstrate ability to prepare briefs, correspondence, and a variety of reports to a high standard; and maintain comprehensive and detailed confidential records
– Time management and organisational skills
– Display initiative and work autonomously
– Experience leading a team/s
– Demonstrated ability to build positive relations and collaborate with diverse teams and individuals
This role provides affords a rewarding professional career and considerable work/life balance opportunities
How you will be assessed
Those wishing to express an interest in the position are required to:
1. Attach your current resume (of no more than 4 pages)
2. Provide a response to the essential requirements listed under Selection Criteria, outlining your skills and attributes and suitability for the position. Your response should be no more than 3 pages;
The selection panel will assess your ability to perform the work required of the position based on your response and resume and other selection processes which may include an interview.
Referees will be contacted to verify the information you provide and to comment on how you demonstrate the attributes being sought (upon successful interview).
Further information can be obtained by contacting
Phone: (07) 4968 4200 or email: email@example.com
Please submit your application via Seek (https://www.seek.com.au/job/57128154) by close of business 30 June 2022.