Title: HR, Payroll and Administration Officer
Tenure: Maternity Leave Cover – Full time until 21 January 2022
Base Salary: $50,000 – $65,000
Reports to: Coordinator – Finance and Administration
We are seeking an experienced and efficient administrator to join our Corporate Shared Services team in a varied role that supports the effective delivery of the HR, payroll, WHS and data management functions. You must be self-motivated with great attention to detail.
The position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Responsibility for end-to-end fortnightly payroll using MYOB.
- Maintaining up to date employee records.
- Organising recruitment activity, including posting of job advertisements, coordinating interviews and preliminary vetting of applications received.
- Induction of new employees. This will occasionally involve travel to our Proserpine office in a vehicle from our company fleet.
- Drafting of employee contracts.
- Assisting the CEO and Business Manager with HR and WHS policy review and updates.
- Maintenance of the policy register and HR manual.
- Administrative maintenance of WHS systems, including maintenance of registers, review and filing of WHS documentation.
- Coordinate uniform/PPE distribution and inventory.
- Undertake training/travel bookings.
- Provide backup administrative and reception support.
Reef Catchments is a regional community not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community. More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at reefcatchments.com.au
Reef Catchments works closely with Catchment Solutions Pty Limited (“Catchment Solutions”) in a Corporate Shared Services arrangement. Catchment Solutions is an environmental consultancy and service provider, based in Mackay, working locally, nationally and in Southeast Asia to help clients manage, design and execute projects to meet high standards of environmental excellence and corporate responsibility.
More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at reefcatchments.com.au. More information about Catchment Solutions and its projects and services, is available at catchmentsolutions.com.au
- SC1 – Experience processing end to end payroll, including superannuation remittances, demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail. Experience using MYOB will be highly regarded.
- SC2 – Experience in HR administration with knowledge and understanding of HR systems and processes. Tertiary qualifications e.g. Cert IV will be highly regarded.
- SC3 – Demonstrated commitment to confidentiality.
- SC4 – Experience in general administration with intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and at least basic skills in Microsoft Excel.
- SC5 – Understanding and knowledge of WHS systems including awareness of legislation.
- SC6 – Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- SC7 – Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
- SC8 – Current driver’s licence.
How you will be assessed
Those wishing to express an interest in the position are required to:
- Attach your current resume (of no more than four pages) including names and contact details of at least two referees who have knowledge of your work;
- Provide a response to the questions listed under selection criteria (above), outlining your skills and attributes and suitability for the position. Your response should be no more than two pages;
The selection panel will assess your ability to perform the work required of the position based on your response and resume and other selection processes which may include an interview and/or work test.
Referees will be contacted to verify the information you provide and to comment on how you demonstrate the attributes being sought.
Further information can be obtained by contacting human resources on (07) 4968 4200 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application and selection criteria, via Seek by close of business, Monday 18 January 2021.
Access the Seek web page for this job here.