Title: Executive Officer – Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership
Tenure: Full-time (part-time considered) Commence March 2023
Base Salary: $85,000 to $105,000 (depending on experience)
Location: Mackay or Proserpine
We are seeking an engaging leader to set the strategic direction for the Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership as it advocates for improved waterway monitoring and waterway health in the Mackay-Whitsunday-Isaac region.
- You are a proven leader with prior experience in project management or senior coordinator roles.
- You have an interest and knowledge in environmental sustainability, particularly waterway science or ecology, or ability to learn.
- You enjoy building and maintaining relationships.
- You have ideas for attracting new partners and ensuring the continued stability and growth of the Partnership.
- You are a passionate communicator and can engage with a variety of audiences and stakeholders with influence.
- You have experience leading a team and work best in a collaborative work environment.
This role would suit a broad range of professionals with diverse backgrounds in waterway science or management, environmental management, community engagement, science communication and education, and business sustainability.
Roles and primary duties
- Lead and oversee the delivery of the Partnership program.
- Provide strategic direction to the Partnership as it expands and takes on new projects and identifies new opportunities.
- Generate new revenue and in-kind support and identify new partnership opportunities aligned with the Partnership vision.
- Lead the technical and communication staff to oversee the design of technical reports, scientific communication products and communication and marketing activities.
- Maintain and enhance governance arrangements, including providing operational and secretariat services for the Partnership and Management Committee meetings.
The role oversees a small multidisciplinary team (Technical Officers and Communication Officer). We are one of five regional reef report card Partnerships, and you will work closely with colleagues in other regional Partnerships to ensure program efficiency and leveraging of opportunities. Visit www.healthyriverstoreef.org.au for more information on the Partnership’s vision and objectives.
- Demonstrated leadership capability and program management experience.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence.
- Demonstrated experience managing and influencing committees and secretariat services, including maintaining annual budgets and financial reports.
- Knowledge of waterway science, or ability to acquire. Background in environmental science and natural resource management will be highly regarded.
- Ability to prioritise competing workloads under tight deadlines or budgets.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience.
The Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership is hosted by Reef Catchments Limited, the natural resource management (NRM) organisation in the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region. Reef Catchments has a hybrid working from home policy that allows up to 40% of contract hours to be performed from home and set in-office team days. Other arrangements can be negotiated.
- Provide a cover letter outlining suitability for the position based on the selection
criteria. Your response should be no more than 2 pages;
- Attach your current resume (of no more than 4 pages).
Please forward completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 24 February 2023.
For more information contact Reef Catchments Human Resources Officer on 07 4968 4200.