Listen to Coastal & Biodiversity Officer Cass Hayward as she chats with Aunty Carol and Samarla Deshong, two local Traditional Owners, about Aboriginal culture and what it’s like to live as Saltwater People.
“Mother Earth, in more ways than one, connects the First Nations people to everything around her. She ties us and binds us as one. We’re all connected, one way or the other.”
- 1.19 – A day in the life of your ancestors
- 3.53 – How do you still practice culture?
- 5.29 – What are some common disturbances to your sacred sites?
- 6.51 – What message would you like to share with everyone?
- 8.33 – Where can people go out and experience indigenous cultural heritage today?
- 10.28 – Discovering new artefact sites for the first time
- 11.30 – Traditional hunting of protected species
- 14.57 – What is ‘Connection to Country’?
- 16.59 – Where to get more information