Graziers and growers are invited to secure their place for the annual 2015 Grazing Forum, on again Wednesday, June 3rd.
The popular forum attracts upwards of 150 + graziers and industry representatives from across the region to find out more about sustainable beef production on the central Queensland Coast.
The event is open to all graziers and mixed operators (cane/ grazing) who are involved or have an interest in cattle and beef production. It is free for landholders to attend, with lunch provided.
Find out about more about a wide range of, including:
- Soil Health
- New pasture varieties for the region Biosecurity update, including results from Giant Rat’s Tail control trials
- Local grazing trials and other innovations
- Genetics and animal husbandry
- Challenges for the local beef industry
- Managing pasture nutrition by growth phase
- Planning and design of erosion remediation
- Vegetation and tenure legislation: now and into the future
Speakers will include Dr Pam Pittaway, a leading expert in the field of plant, soil and microbial interactions; Lauren Hewitt (AgForce) who has extensive experience in analysis of vegetation policy in Queensland; and Geoff Neith (MLA) who provide an update on genetics and animal husbandry.
DATE: Wednesday 3rd June 2015
TIME: 8:30am – 5:00pm
VENUE: MECC (Mackay Entertainment & Convention Centre), Alfred St, Mackay
LUNCH: Provided (complimentary)
RSVP: By Wednesday May 20th to email@example.com or phone (07) 4968 4200
This is a free event for landholders.