Title: Coordinator – Coasts and Biodiversity
Tenure: Full time – 12 month contract, with possibility to extend for a further 12 months
Base Salary: $81,500 to $91,500
Reports to: General Manager
Reef Catchments is a regional not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community.
More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at www.reefcatchments.com.au.
Join a dynamic and versatile team to lead coastal and biodiversity Natural Resource Management (NRM) projects and outcomes in the Mackay, Whitsunday and Isaac region. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with partners and stakeholders in the prioritisation, planning and implementation of on ground outcomes for the regions coastal areas, and to maximise biodiversity outcomes across the region. The Coasts and Biodiversity program aims to set a vision for the future of the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac coast and engage local communities in coastal and biodiversity management activities. The project provides a strategic and coordinated approach to managing our coast; developing local management plans to enable all organisations, community groups, and local residents to work together to achieve the best outcome for our coastal environments.
The Coordinator will lead a small dedicated team. In the role you will be required to foster an inclusive team culture, ensuring all officers are clear on what is expected of them.
This is a full time position, for a period of 12 months with an opportunity to extend for a further 12 months.
This is a highly varied and fast-paced role, requiring an energetic multi-tasker with the ability to coordinate activities and outcomes across diverse coastal and biodiversity project areas simultaneously. Prior experience in an NRM, scientific or government based role will be highly regarded. We are looking for a team player with a positive and engaging personality.
In return, we offer a flexible and positive work environment, with excellent conditions, and an opportunity to enhance and build your skills in multiple areas.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as natural resource management, environmental management, applied environmental science, or a related discipline.
- Well developed understanding of coastal processes in tropical environments and experience in improving the condition of coastal ecosystems.
- Well developed understanding of biodiversity in tropical environments and management strategies to improve or enhance habitat values.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of project proposal writing, budgeting, reporting, contract and contractor management.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff in multi-jurisdictional work teams including workforce planning and staff performance management.
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to coordinate multiple projects and budgets and meet timeframes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with influence to a diverse client base including farmers, government and contractors.
- Current manual Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge or understanding of climate change and its relationship and applicability to biodiversity and coastal environments.
- Cultural heritage awareness and its relationship with environmental management and community engagement.
How you will be assessed
You will be assessed on how you meet the selection criteria listed as Essential in this role description. Capacity to meet the Desirable criteria will be highly regarded. To ensure that sufficient information is provided to allow an informed assessment to be made, you are required to:
- Provide a response outlining your suitability for the position, with specific examples which address all the items listed under Essential Requirements. Your response should be no more than 4 pages;
- Attach your current resume (of no more than 5 pages) including names and contact details of at least two (2) referees who have knowledge of your work.
The selection panel will assess your ability to perform the work required of the position based on your response and resume and other selection processes which may include an interview and/or work test.
Referees will be contacted to verify the information you provide and to comment on how well you demonstrate the attributes being sought.
Further information can be obtained by contacting:
Katrina Dent Phone: (07) 4968 4207 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward completed applications and selection criteria, to email@example.com by close of business, 11 June 2018.