Reef Catchments Sustainable Horticulture
Reef Catchments is working with community and industry to promote sustainable horticulture practices in the Mackay Whitsunday region.
Current activities include:
- Facilitation of the Regional Horticulture Working Group
- Working with industry members, horticulture experts and landholders to develop sustainability frameworks for local horticulture practices
- Partnering with industry members, horticulture experts and landholders to run local sustainable horticulture demonstration trials
- Coordinating field trips and information days to promote and extend knowledge on sustainable horticulture management in the Mackay Whitsunday region
Draft ABCD Sustainability Framework for Horticulture now available
The Draft ABCD Sustainability Framework for Horticulture has been put together by our Regional Horticulture Working Group. We are currently seeking feedback from interested members of the horticulture industry and the community.
To provide comment or feedback you can respond via the online enquiry form (click here) or contact Reef Catchments at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4968 4200.
Horticulture Trials and Demonstrations
- Mashumus Farm-Made Bio-Fertiliser Use in Premium Mango Production – Ken and Mary Eade
- Tibby Dixon, Lychees – Zero Turn Side Mulcher
- Gray Plantations – Macadamias –Soil, Chemical and Irrigation improvements
Key Contact – Juliane Kasiske
Position: Project Officer – Sustainable Agriculture
Phone: (07) 4964 6111
Mobile: 0488 730 021
E-Mail: Juliane Kasiske