Reef Catchments Sustainable Horticulture
Reef Catchments is working with community and industry to promote sustainable horticulture practices in the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region.
Current activities include:
- Facilitation of the Regional Horticulture Working Group
- Working with industry members, horticulture experts and landholders to develop sustainability frameworks for local horticulture practices
- Partnering with industry members, horticulture experts and landholders to run local sustainable horticulture demonstration trials
- Coordinating field trips and information days to promote and extend knowledge on sustainable horticulture management in the Mackay Whitsunday Isaac region
Mt Alma Fresh Organics Bus Tour on Thursday, 25 May 2015.
The Draft ABCD Sustainability Framework for Horticulture has been put together by our Regional Horticulture Working Group. We are currently seeking feedback from interested members of the horticulture industry and the community.
Horticulture Trials and Demonstrations
- Ken and Mary Ede, Longmile Mangoes – Biofertiliser, soil health and microbial analysis
- Dave Hunter, Bananas – Under Canopy Irrigation System
- Don and Pauline Brown, Lychees
- Anthony Bernard, Lychees
- Tibby Dixon, Lychees – Zero Turn Side Mulcher
- Gray Plantations, Macadamias –Soil, Chemical and Irrigation improvements
- Tony Soden, Eggplants – Wet Season Cover Crop