Reef Catchments is presenting the call-out to 250 new growers.
If you have always wanted to improve your efficiencies but was unsure about how to go about it, this round of funding could apply to you.
New funding is available to support cane farmers to take the next step toward practices that are above the industry standard.
Through Reef Trust 3 (RT3), growers will have support, advice, and resources, to improve nutrient and herbicide management, and farm planning.
The focus will be on improving nitrogen use efficiency, and reducing off-farm loss of nutrients and herbicides.
Funding provides cane farmers with access to expert agronomic advice which is valued at $6000 at no cost to the grower. In addition to this $1500 is available for initial upgrades of specific equipment and for the opportunity to access future major grant funding.
What is provided under Reef Trust 3?
- Access to expert agronomic support and advice – one-on-one farm extension services worth $6000 at no cost to the grower.
- $1500 worth of upgrades to nutrient and/or herbicide equipment and or activities. This includes – EM mapping, soil testing, leaf analysis, G-dot, SIS, spray nozzles, spray tanks and modification of existing spray equipment.
- Receive an assessment of current farming operations that ID’s potential areas of agronomic, environmental and economic improvement.
- Development of nutrient and herbicide management plans for long term financial and land management gains.
- Potential to secure major grants related to improved practice change in the areas of nutrient and herbicide management.
Whom to contact?
Growers should contact their local farm extension support representative to check their eligibility and for their initial inquiries. We look forward to working with you.
Natalie Fiocco M: 0408 849 902 E: Natalie Fiocco
PLANE CREEK PRODUCTIVITY SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Rowlinson M: 0438 787 295
PROSERPINE growers please contact
Soil and Land Surveys Pty Ltd, Peter Muller M: 0488 297 981 E: Peter Muller
For Smartcane BMP registration assistance, contact:
Mackay and Plane Creek
John Eden, CANEGROWERS P: 0438 730 379 or 07 4944 2605
Christine Peterson, CANEGROWERS PROSERPINE P: 0429 467 615 or 07 4945 1844
Reef Trust 3 is coordinated by Reef Catchments, with funding through the Australian Government Reef TrustPhase 3 Programme.